Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Random Musings of a Ramblin' Fool XIII

We're Out of Our Misery (Well, Sorta)

Isn't it nice that the election is over and all the political advertising and grandstanding and posturing and jabbering is finished other than the Prop. 8 losers whining and clogging streets in L.A. at Rush Hour?

It appears the gay community is given a free pass when it comes to throwing a collective public hissy-fit when they don't get their way.

If this were a case of Evangelicals having lost the same contest and they pulled this stunt there would be howls of outrage and talk of "intolerance" and "sour grapes" and they'd be told to "get over it".


Obama is Different How Now?

For those of you who are missing it, Obama is turning out to be just another politician like any other: run on the fringe to win the primary, run closer to the middle to win the general election, and then govern from the dead center like Bubba and Dubya done.

Yep, folks, both of them really were rather centrist, for better and worse.

Want to argue that with me? Don't make me go down the list of similarities between the two that also happen to be pretty much middle-of-the-road, now, ya here?!

Of course, Obama, is now looking to pull Hillary into his cabinet not to mention a whole host of other Clintonites like Rahm Emanuel while making overtures to McCain.

Myself, I like seeing it and feel it is honorable and commendable and indeed his only option.

However, it isn't change as it is the same "more of the same" that Obama campaigned against when he accused McCain of being "four more years of Bush."

How is it his only option, you ask?

From where else is he going to get the talent he needs that is Left-of-Center?

To be a successful President he must look within the talent pool of the Democratic Party which is dominated by Clinton People.

An analogy would be comparing the occupation of Germany in 1945 with the occupation of Iraq in 2003.

In the former case we necessarily utilized the services of former Nazi Party members as the only qualified civil servants around to manage the nation had been members of the party as that was required to be a civil servant under the Reich.

In contrast, in the latter case we refused to utilize former Baathists and that cost us dearly as they were the ones running the country before we showed up and thus were the only ones around qualified to do so after the Baathists were deposed, but in our stubborn principle we iced them out of civil service jobs and the military initially and paid dearly for it.

Obama is doing the only competent thing he can do, but that flies in the face of his campaign rhetoric which makes him just like any other politician and expect more such occurrences.


I Gotses Jury Duty

Oh joy! I've been called in for jury duty and for a gangland murder trial no less.

Some Mexican gang (Nipomo 13) member got himself whacked by another member of his own gang back in late 2006.

No honor among thieves (nor gang members), eh?

Apparently, most of the cast of characters in this trial are going to be gang members or associates.

I've got an idear that will save the Treasury a lot of money and make society a whole lot safer: execute the entire gang ASAP and be done with it!

Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out!

Sounds draconian I realize but what we're doing now as a society is failing miserably in case any of you haven't noticed.

It would be presumptuous of me to post all this here if I were actually serving on this jury.

However, I'm 99.9% certain they will boot me out of this jury pool due to multiple factors.

First, my connection to one of the D.A. investigators (went to school with him and played football for Larry Welsh with him. Also, his girlfriend at the time lived up the street from where I live now and I have met her father).

Second, back when I was in high school the D.A. investigator's dad represented Carl Webber, the man who was injured in the same freak accident that killed my father in his lawsuit against us for injuries in sustained in the accident. Needless to say, we were not amused although I never told the son as I didn't want him to feel awkward and bad about something his dad had done.

Thirdly, my connection to the judge's son with whom I also went to school and played football.

Add to all this my whack 'em and stack 'em attitude about gang members and I feel I have a snowball's chance in hell of making it on that jury although doing so would be interesting.

If I do get selected to serve on this jury it will not be as much a hardship as I would have imagined as it will run from 1:30 PM to 5 PM Monday through Thursday and Fridays 8 AM to 5 PM so I will be able to do my Ebay stuff and do a couple of local shows during the time of the trial worse comes to worse although I will have to go to Plan B for my Thanksgiving.

Oh, and they will pay me $15 a day which for a trial slated to last into next month and maybe the month after that would add up over time.

I'll keep ya'll posted on this.


That Ranch Hand Thang Didn't Work Out

As some of you may recall here I got a job back in September as a hand on an alpaca ranch east of Templeton, CA.

Well that lasted less than a week due to the Sherrill's and I not having good chemistry as they annoyed me and I rubbed them the wrong way.

I won't go into detail here as they are members of the community and I don't wish to slam them in public, but needless to say it was a great relief being let go as I was miserable working for them. In spite of that I enjoyed learning how to operate a John Deer tractor.

Kimmer



No comments:

Post a Comment