Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hurricanecity.com

During the 2004 Atlantic hurricane season during which Florida was slammed by not one but four damaging and deadly hurricanes, to wit, Hurricane Charley, Hurricane Frances, Hurricane Ivan, and Hurricane Jeanne,  I finally got my own online access and my own computer after borrowing friend's computers and online access prior to that year. By whatever means I found it I remember not but somehow I came upon the website Hurricanecity.com and immediately was taken with it and fully availed myself of its utility throghout the course of that season and those four hurricanes. I must confess that even by the following year during the 2005 Atlantic hurricane season which included super-hurricanes Katrina, Rita, and Wilma, I did not utilize it nearly as much or at all as I recall. For some reason my mind has been put on it a lot lately (even before 2011 Atlantic hurricane season really got going) and I'm paying attention to the website once again. I have yet to check out any of their podcasts. and live streaming coverage of storms. In fact, they are based in Florida and during at least one of the 2004 Florida storms they were hit and knocked offline. Given the current hurricane emergency developing on the Atlantic Seaboard of the United States with Hurricane Irene this website is particularly useful. To visit the website click on the icon below.

hurricanecity,Atlantic Hurricane Tracking

No comments:

Post a Comment