Thursday, January 30, 2014

Picture of the Day - Kiler Canyon Drought

This past Monday I toiled in the earth at Kiler Canyon Farm CSA out in the country several miles southwest of Paso Robles, CA. As always I thoroughly enjoyed the drive out there and back not to mention the atmosphere and vibe and scene at the farm including the wonderful people there. As some of you recall I am a member of that CSA (Community-Supported Agricultural) and have been out there before to help with the harvest. This week being the last week in January and one in which I was out there to help weed and plant, one would expect to see greenery and at least damp soil. As you can see from the image above there is no cover crop in place as there has been no rain and even the natural grasses have not germinated. The road out there was perhaps the dustiest I have ever seen it even compared to Spring into Summer in prior years.
Photo by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment