Monday, November 21, 2016

Picture of the Day - Judd's Powerpoint

Tonight I attended the final normal meeting of the Santa Lucia Rockhounds this year. Next month will be a Christmas Dinner and new officer installation meeting at the Culinary Academy here in Paso Robles, CA. I was tasked with providing a speaker for tonight's meeting and I was honored to have my history mentor Dennis Judd give his famous and popular Hearst Castle/San Simeon presentation. He gave this presentation to this club several years ago, but I missed it. Consequently, I was overjoyed to finally see it, although much of this I had seen presented in his History of California class at Cuesta College which class I took in 2011 (and in it earned an A). Tonight I operated Dennis' Powerpoint presentation and during which I snapped this image of his Julia Morgan panel. Afterwards, I indulged in a sanity-saving bread-breaking with Judd and Ron, both friends with whom I have coffee every week. Oh, and yes, Dennis did bring his famous blue-green jade cobble from the Big Sur Coast to show off once again. Photo by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment