Thursday, May 16, 2013

I've Begun My CERT-ification!

Tonight I attended the first session of my Citizens Emergency Response Team (CERT) Basic Training course at Paso Robles Fire Station #1 in the city's Emergency Operations Center downtown. It is being hosted by Paso Robles Office of Emergency Services. The previous course taught by the North San Luis Obispo County CERT was taught in Atascadero last March. I found tonight's class thoroughly engaging, edifying, and enjoyable and look froward to the remainder of it. I was surprised to learn tonight that there is no CERT team already in place in Paso Robles. I find it hard to grasp this community did not form one previously following the 2003 San Simeon Earthquake. I suppose better late than never as there is a plan in the works to form an innaugural CERT from this CERT graduating class of which I am honored to be a member and intend to become a member of this nascent Paso Robles CERT Team.

Much of tonight's class involved a Power Point presentation by retired CAL FIRE Division Chief Harris.
I can't wait for that final Saturday session next month!
Both photos by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment