Monday, May 20, 2013

Picture of the Day - Scholarship Diploma

Today at midday I attended a San Luis Obispo Rotary Club scholarship award luncheon wherein I was generously awarded by them a scholarship for the 2013-2014 academic year at Cuesta College. The overall experience was magical and I was so impressed with the other scholarship nominees, young people young enough to be my own kids. Their accomplishments are impressive and their composure and presentation before the audience was stirring. It is impossible for me to be 100% pessimistic about the near-future of our civilization knowing people like these are being produced by our community and in communities scattered across our fair land. These new adults will be the leaders and movers and pushers and shakers and "doers" of the coming quarter to half century. I salute my fellow nominees and pray they live fruitful and meaningful and well-lived lives. I was also quite impressed with the caliber of people who are members of the SLO Rotary Club that meets at the Madonna Inn. I would be honored to someday become a member of that august body.  Photo taken with my iPhone (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment