Sunday, April 13, 2008

Random Musings of a Ramblin' Fool I

Dumbass Dog Owners
 Why do some folks get dogs when they clearly don't have the time to adequately care for them which includes being with them as often as possible and taking them for walks at least once per day?
Dogs are pack animals and social creatures and need more social interaction than being left at home all the time provides.
If one is going to be gone all the time one should not have a dog for crying out loud. What is wrong with these people?
I see this happen time and again and just have to shake my head in wonderment.

Poison Oak
There seems to be about as many remedies for poison oak as there are people.
When you tell folks you have it everybody eagerly wants to tell you their time-worn secret.
I appreciate this, of course, and suspect most if not all of them work to varying degrees but it can be confusing which to try next and which is more effective and how much does this boil down to perception versus reality.
I think I'll finish my
Tecnu products tonight and then try my girlfriend's family's secret which is one part bleach to about ten parts water and dab it on and let it dry.
We'll see tomorrow about that one.
Yep, the lost mine expedition yesterday is the source of my poison oak.
It could be a lot worse were if not for the countermeasures I took the moment I got home from the mines.

 

The Horror Of It All
 The stories you hear on the news these days make you afraid to turn on the news and hear the latest outrage or heartbreak.

Slim Pickings 
 Where have all the good Presidential candidates gone?
Send us decent Presidential candidates and we will vote (in droves and for folks, not against other folks).
Unfortunately, the pickings are rather meager this time around and seem to get more so each time around for many years going.
I fear for my nation's future.
There are no leaders leading anymore and we as a nation have no Grand Vision for our future course and no sense of National Purpose or Moral Mission such as during World War Two and the Cold War.
Clinton 42 failed to imagine that Vision and neglected to inspire that Purpose and carry out that Mission.
Ditto Bush 43.

Shaping Up
 Today I walked 6.1 miles with 4.1 this morning and 2.0 this evening.
I'm stuck on a plateau but at least I'm doing what I need to do to lose the weight I need to lose.
I ate pretty smartly today, too, so I'm fairly confident I lost weight.

 

G'Nite All!
 I be sleepy so good night all. Geez, I just dozed off again.

Over and out.

 
FINI

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete