Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Paso Robles Gun Show May 17-18th, 2008

Well folks, my buddy "Studebaker Dave" called me last night and during the course of our conversation informed me that the gun show at the Mid-State Fairgrounds (now pretentiously called "The Event Center") that I mistakenly believed would be occurring on the first weekend of June like it was last year is actually this coming weekend, May 17-18th, 2008.
I had planned on attending it under that mistaken impression so I had to scramble today and call Central Coast Gun Shows and see if they had any openings in the show.
Lo and behold they did and I got myself two tables in the show.
However, the more I think about it I want an end space so if one is available I'll upgrade to three tables.
I'll call about that in the morning.

My business partner Mike Lyons is down south doing some work so he won't be attending so I've invited the aforementioned friend Dave to man my booth with me and sell his metallurgical artistic creations and whatever else he choses.

I sure hope to see as many of my regular customers as possible as well as any readers of this blog.

If any of you can do it and want to do it, please come on down and drop by our booth while you're there. ;-p

Oh, and by the way, if you have a hang-up about guns and gun shows you really should go to at least one in your life.
They're not as bad as you might imagine and they aren't as boring as you might think if you happen to not be a "gun person".
Gun shows are sorta like swap meets with a heavy emphasis on guns and ammo and gun accessories like holsters, cleaning kits, conversion kits, sights, etc. There are also plenty of outdoorsy things at guns shows, as well, plus there is not a litle bit of antique and collectible stuff being sold, too, along with even some arts and crafts-y sort of stuff by one or two dealers usually.

Anywho, I'll be selling my usual gems, minerals, fossils, and artifacts under the name of K&K Earthwerks.

My inventory will emphasize home decor and not minerals like would be the case at a rock show.
Dave will be selling his homemade metallurgical creations and perhaps some other things as well.

1 comment:

  1. Too bad it's not in June, I'd have liked to do it with you.

    Oh well.

    Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete