Tuesday, September 2, 2008

SLO Gem & Mineral Club September 2008 Meeting

Tonight I as Vice President of the SLO Gem & Mineral Club stood in for President Noah Doughty who is a teacher and had an educational commitment up in the Monterey Bay Area.

I did an adequate job although not as smoothly conducted as Noah does.

Whereas Noah runs a meeting like a legislative speaker of the house, I run a meeting like Roy Bean ran a court session.

We mostly discussed plans for the upcoming club show next month as well as touched on the pending opening of the club website for which I am overseeing the development.

I once again failed to come up with a program for this meeting as finding good people to do a program are hard to find something that I hope will end now that Summer is almost over and folks are back from rockhounding trips.

Nonetheless, I suspect I will be stripped of that duty next year regardless if I get renominated as club Veep or not.

We enjoyed each other's company and got caught up with each other did our usual show and tell, but I neglected to do the Find of the Month segment Noah has started and specifically entrusted me to conduct in his absence.

We also neglected to discuss a field trip for this month, something both myself and our Club Field Trip Coordinator both neglected to think of during the meeting.

Kimmer

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Now I understand why I was having such a hard time finding a website for SLO Gem & Mineral Club... since there isn't one yet. I would like to come to a meeting and/or field trip. Please e-mail me AHavrilla@aol.com

    ReplyDelete