Friday, April 8, 2011

April 8, 2011, Hailstorm in Atascadero, CA

It has been 51 weeks since I last blogged and today I received the inspiration to start anew my old practice of blogging. For those of you checking in who used to follow this blog I'm sorry for the absence of nearly a year but I needed to take a break from this blog as it was part of my past. I have grown and changed so much the past year and much of that related to cutting ties with the past. A few select things from the past I am keeping in my life including this blog which you will henceforth see updated regularly.

Today's hailstorm in Atascadero was more impressive than these inadequate photos can convey. However, they do give some sense of what it was like. For those living in other parts of the U.S. this is no big deal but on the Central Coast a storm like this doesn't effect a particular locale but perhaps once every few years or so. The hail in these photos was mostly pea-sized and the storm persisted for roughly 20 minutes during the 5 PM hour today.















Photo credit: Kim Patrick Noyes, Paso Robles, CA.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! We had hail early this morning in NewPort Beach. Got there around 7:45am and there was still remnants on the ground! Thanks for your post

    ReplyDelete