Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Random Musings of a Ramblin' Fool XXVI

"Spring has sprung, the moon is riz, I wonder where there fellows iz?" My late grandfather who was born and raised in the South used to utter that and it has been on my mind lately. I wonder where it comes from other than from the South. I noticed on the Internet that there is a related ditty whose first line goes "Spring has sprung, the grass has riz, I wonder where the birdies iz ?" and wonder: which came first? My friend Dave wonders if it is a reference to the Civil War and the Southern speaker was originally uttering it in bemoaning his lost comrades.


Speaking of Spring, Spring Cleaning!

This past Sunday after church for the rest of the day and all day yesterday and today I went on a holy terror of Spring cleaning and Summerizing my place on the outside, especially in my small back yard area and on the side of the house fronting the alleyway and all the way down to 15th street. I have already recently fixed up my part of the carport as well as my part of the basement going through my stuff condensing and eliminating everything in sight. I have also already done some reconfiguring in the old washroom-entryway into my place with more to projects to come in both the kitchen and den and bedroom. I also still need to clean the inside of the house.

Last night and tonight I feel more at home here than I ever have before despite living in this house for a year-and-a-half. Lately I finally have mostly caught up on everything relating to my previous life in Atascadero and my subsequent move to Paso Robles. During the time period I've lived here I also accumulated quite a few things from somebody I helped move in late 2009 as partial payment for my labor as well as some things from my late friend Dave which were given to me by his family. This has all contributed to my already impressive clutter. This accumulated clutter has contributed to me developing a crippling lethargy which has rendered me utterly under-motivated and overwhelmed at the thought of tackling all this given all the work that was required and all the other things I have going on in my life from school to work.

Part of the lethargy was also due to unpleasant memories associated with the time immediately before moving here as things got a bit unpleasant in 2009 leading up to and during and immediately after my move. There is still some pain attached to all that for me despite all the healing and growing and metamorphosing I've undergone during this time. However, in three days I have rather dramatically transformed and improved my living space and this comes in addition to many other significant improvements to my living space and the general organization of my stuff that have occurred lately.


2011 Fire Season is Underway!

This year thus far has been a terrible year for wildland fires in New Mexico and Texas for many weeks and now Arizona is getting in on the act. California had a destructive wildfire in Big Pine in the Owens Valley last month. Yesterday saw a wildland fire in the National City area in San Diego County while today the Needles area saw a wind-driven wildland fire in the Colorado River bottoms. Also today saw small roadside wildland fires in both the Los Angeles and San Francisco areas as well as adjacent to Highway 41 near the Kern-King County line in the western San Joaquin Valley. Here in the Paso Robles area the grasses are starting to cure and turn light brown and it's only a matter of time before we start to burn as well. After an incredibly light fire season last year here in California due to the aberration of our weather transiting directly from El Nino to La Nina conditions the recent trends of terrible fire seasons will likely resume in 2011.


Birther Nation

As someone whom finds it difficult to respect my current President and whom strongly dislikes him I can exclaim with full confidence of impartiality that this Birther phenomenon is tangible evidence along with the 9/11 Truther phenomenon that anti-intellectualism is deepening across the land. For those of you whom subscribe to this foolishness let me explain something to you: President Obama would still be an American citizen even if he weren't born in the U.S. given that his mother was an American, m'kay?

For the sake of argument let's say President Obama was born in Africa. For the love of God would one of you Birthers produce a plausible explanation for his birth announcement in the local newspaper there in Hawaii at the time of President Obama's birth? The same sort of pseudo-intellectual twits who promote this Birther nonsense were the same fools a decade ago going on and on about the alleged perfidy of the Clintons and their nefarious murder of Vince Foster ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

These unsophisticated morons can't have it both ways. If the Clintons are that nefarious and powerful does not logic suggest they would have been smart enough to discover that President Obama was not a citizen whilst they were running against him during the primary in 2008 and would have used it to destroy his candidacy?

Given the political bent of the Birthers what is their explanation for why President Bush the Younger and his powerful Vice President while controlling the entirety of the Executive Branch of the U.S. Federal Government as late as January 2009, failed to miss something as obvious as President Obama not being a citizen were he indeed not a citizen?

In fact given the uber-corruption and uber-viciousness of Illinois state politics and in particular, Chicago-area politics why would one of future-President Obama's early political opponents not have discovered and used against him the fact he is not a citizen were he truly not a citizen?

I could go on and on but I've made my point. So in summary: what the hell is wrong with you Birthers? Pull your collective heads out of your collective arses and stop making fools of yourselves and dumbing down the political discourse! Same goes for you 9/11 Truther twits.


Spring 2011 Santa Rosa Gem Faire

I'll be helping my friend Dave work his booth at the Santa Rosa Gem Faire this weekend. I hope to see some of you there. Dave's business is Rocks & Relics and our booth really is quite a sight to behold and we have many wonderful things to share with you, but most of all if you drop by you can bask in the warm glow of my personality. ;-p

Fini

No comments:

Post a Comment