Friday, January 27, 2012

White & Nerdy vs. Ridin' Dirty

I have long adored Weird Al Yankovic since I was a kid growing up in the 1980's. I thoroughly enjoyed his parodies of Madonna and Michael Jackson in particular. As time has progressed since then Weird Al has remained culturally relevant producing ever more clever material over the course of the 1990's and 2000's. In the mid-2000's he achieved arguably his greatest artistic and critical coup with a brilliant parody of "Ridin'" (Dirty) by Chamillionaire featuring Krayzie Bone. Yankovic's parody is entitled "White & Nerdy". The song went platinum and deservedly so. For purposes of comparison I have placed both videos below for your edification and enjoyment. Please do compare and contrast them. Do note the superior wordsmithy demonstrated by Yankovic not to mention the superior quality of its accompanying music video in contrast to that for the other song. 







1 comment:

  1. Kimmer~~ I had to learn about this song from my son....ha ha ha... too funny! ~Alice B.

    ReplyDelete