Saturday, September 15, 2012

Bowling For Second Place

One of the things I did to unwind after working at the show today was bowl with friends from 9 p.m. to midnight while music videos played on a large projector set and the music throbbed from an audio system. There was also an ample accompanying light effects show. My friend Blake's girlfriend invited he and my friend Kameron and myself and two other friends to bowl at the "Rock N Bowl" event at Paso Bowl which happens each Friday and Saturday night.

Once we began to play it soon became abundantly clear that Blake sacrificed the rest of us to his girlfriend (who it turns out is a "Call of the Cthulhu" monster bowling goddess) who rapaciously devoured us. Apparently, we were sacrificial virgins! Actually, she graciously offered to give me a few pointers and I gratefully accepted. I came in second place in two out of three games played!

Note: given the optical effects on my camera that the bowling alley's light show generated I ended up liking the blurriness of the human figures contained in both and elected to use them here in spite of their technical flaws. 
My buddy Kameron... his name in the bowling lane is "Lurch".
My buddy Blake fed the rest of us to his girlfriend on the bowling lane.
All photos by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment