Thursday, October 18, 2012

Here We Go Again!

As unusual as this is, to wit, spotting cyclonically-rotating residual clouds from a former tropical cyclone located within a tight-frame satellite image of Southern California,yet it happened again today following a similar event last month I discussed HERE. These clouds are the remnants of Hurricane Paul whereas last month's storm was Tropical Storm John.
On another note, this afternoon I could see the northern edge of these clouds as I looked to the south as I drove south on the 101 Freeway towards Atascadero. At the time I wondered what they were given the fact I did not expect to see mid- to high-level clouds while Southern California was still in the grips of a slight Santa Ana Wind.
Source: National Weather Service - San Diego Office

No comments:

Post a Comment