Friday, November 9, 2012

Picture of the Day - Boycotting The Bag Ban

San Luis Obispo County recently enacted an insane bag ban that altogether bans plastic bags and requires a 10-cent charge for each paper bag accepted by a customer at all retail stores over 10,000 square feet. This ban places steep fines on those who violate it. Now dirty reuseable bags will be reused by most people while in the meantime the plastic and paper will continue be produced as bi-products of other industrial activities, to wit, the petroleum and forest products industries. This asinine piece of local law has been a flaming stick up my ass the past several weeks since it took force October 1st. I am indefinitely observing a boycott of this ban by simply loading up my cart with my groceries and then placing them in my car directly sans bags and then once home unloading them from my car sans bags. Photo by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment