Sunday, January 20, 2013

Picture of the Day - My Tsunami Vision

This morning we headed down to La Jolla Shores for breakfast and some leisure time before resuming and completing this weekend's Gem Faire at the Del Mar Fairgrounds. This was an incredibly enjoyable escape from the soul-crushing environment of Gem Faire and allowed the team to recharge its batteries quite effectively methinks. For some reason while there this morning I oft found myself thinking about tsunami  as it relates to the tsunami threat to this idyllic community nestled along one of the most beautiful stretches of California Coast. In particular, when viewing the scene above I found myself rather vividly envisioning a tsunami running right through the gap visible above with cars out in front of it attempting to make their escape. This mental image coming to mind in this place on this day felt odd in contrast to the tranquility and beauteousness I experienced and witnessed there today. Photo by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment