Thursday, March 28, 2013

My Top 10 Favorite Books of Fiction

It has been a while since I last posted one of my Top Ten Lists and tonight I find myself inspired to do one on my favorite books of fiction. What follows is my list at present but is subject to change as I read more books. One will invariably notice none of my choices are of recent publication. Obviously I'm not too much into modern authors. I'm also not into impressing anybody with my reading list quite obviously! Note: I count entire book trilogies or series as one unit for purposes of this list.
  1. The Hobbit ~ J.R.R. Tolkien
  2. The Lord of the Rings ~ J.R.R. Tolkien
  3. The Chronicles of Narnia ~ C.S. Lewis
  4. The Hound of of the Baskervilles ~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
  5. Treasure Island ~ Robert Lewis Stevenson
  6. Huckleberry Finn ~ Mark Twain
  7. Heart of Darkness ~ Joseph Conrad
  8. Animal Farm ~ George Orwell
  9. 1984 ~ George Orwell 
  10. The Martian Chronicles ~ Ray Bradbury

No comments:

Post a Comment