Sunday, March 24, 2013

Scripture of the Day - Paul (Eph.4:26)

Those of you who have been following this blog of late know I have had an unfortunate and in some respects outrageous falling out with a friend this month. The outrageous nature of how this has played out is beyond the pale of decent behavior. My friendship was betrayed by this person who turned out to not be the sort of friend or man I had once thought. Et tu, Brute? To be quite honest I have had to deal internally with issues of bitterness and anger that transcend righteous indignation and descend into wanting to sully myself by confronting this person and verbally putting him in his place. That was sort of the main point in writing him a letter along with the fact I did not wish to be interrupted as would have been the case had I spoken to him as well as the fact I wanted him to be able to repeatedly look at the letter and take in everything it contained which would not have been possible had I simply spoken to him. Of course, all of this is a moot point as he rejected the letter and returned it without reading it, a letter whose contents would have answered a lot of questions my friend has shared with me over the past three years about a great many things. His loss!

In any case, a week ago today I was struggling with my anger and bitterness. I attended two different sermons at two different churches: North County Christian Fellowship and Paso Robles Bible Church. Both Steve Calagna at the former and Dave Rusco at the latter touched on topics that spoke directly to my issues. I realized during both sermons that I was being spoken to directly by God and felt both blessed and a bit chastened. Interestingly and not coincidentally they BOTH quoted Ephesians 4:26 which goes:
"It's okay to be angry but don't descend into the wrath of man. Do not let your day end on an angry note." (Kimicus ad Absurdum translation)

1 comment:

  1. Let the truth be spoken. Let the ashes of such a relationship speak that truth. And go on your way. You have done all that you can. But know that at some point in the future, those words will return to haunt them, as they will be offered grace. Your truth allows them to choose whether to accept it or not. And from there, their fate is determined by their own hands.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete