Saturday, July 6, 2013

Today's Crash of Asiana Airlines Flight 214

I became aware today's crash of Asiana Airlines Flight 214 at San Francisco International Airport pretty much right when it happened and I followed it as close as I could on Twitter. The thing that has initially drawn me to Twitter is the immediacy of it and the instant images of news stories that pop up on it with startling immediacy. Below are the images of the crash that I first found on Twitter right after the crash. They are presented in the order I found them.

I have since found THIS fascinating scanner recording of the San Francisco Fire Department's response to the crash as well as THIS haunting recording of the SFO tower radio traffic right before, during, and after the crash involving the air traffic controller and the cockpit crew.

AT the bottom is a home video of the immediate aftermath of the crash as viewed from within a terminal.

Courtesy of Bryan Navarro taken by an unnamed friend (all rights reserved).
Courtesy of Vini_1914 (all rights reserved).
Courtesy of Stephanie Elaine (all rights reserved).
Courtesy of David Eun (all rights reserved).
Courtesy of Jimmy Orr (all rights reserved).
Courtesy of anonymous Texan (all rights reserved).

1 comment:

  1. We saw this too not long after it occurred. I am just glad so many survived. I think only two deaths happened which is sad but it could have been so much worse. And I love love love to fly. There are fewer crashes with planes than cars. Allison

    ReplyDelete