Friday, October 7, 2016

Picture of the Day - A-Town Home Fire

I was at the UPS Store in Atascadero today when an Atascadero police car screamed headed south-bound on El Camino Real. This struck me as interesting and I wondered what was happening. A minute or so later another siren approached following the same course and it turned out to be chief of Atascadero Fire Department. I then proceeded to leave the business having accomplished my tasks there and so headed south on the main drag of town to see if I could find out what was going on. Around the time I reached Curbaril Avenue I espied a dark header somewhere to the south and headed that way. Upon approaching Santa Rosa Road I saw an ambulance and two more Type-1 fire engines pulling from that street southbound onto El Camino Real. I also noted the growing traffic jam in that area and took evasive action to get to where I could see the fire and not be stuck in traffic. I feared it was a horrible fiery traffic mishap on the northbound side of Highway 101 but it turned out to be a fully-engulfed single family mobile home in the neighborhood between El Camino Real and the freeway. I have read unofficial reports of there being a smoke inhalation injury to a resident of the home who was rescued by a passerby. Photo by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved). 

No comments:

Post a Comment