Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Picture of the Day - My Field of Dreams

I have decided to christen this "Secret Hill" which is a joke if you know where this is. Overlying it is what I think of as my field of dreams over which I have trodden down many and various trails of tears. What I mean by that is that I have oftentimes the past few months cried about a great many heavy things that have been revealed to me by God over that period of time as I traced trails and paced paths over this field's doubly-plowed surface meditatively looking for petrified whale bone and biconoids. Ah, biconoids: well that gives away generally where this is located. At other times I have not been sad but my medative rockhounding ramblings here have been my escape from thinking about heavy things or the mundanities of modern living. Heavy rains are slated for the coming days and I fear those who farm this land (from whom we have permission to be on it for rockhounding purposes) will soon seed this surface and we will have to wait until after the next harvest.
Photo by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment