Friday, October 14, 2011

10th Annual Autumn Cayucos Gem & Mineral Show - Day One

Today was the set-up day for the annual Autumn Cayucos Gem & Mineral Show hosted by the San Luis Obispo Gem & Mineral Club. I showed up and spent the day wearing two hats: my SLOGMC show publicity chair hat and my helping-my-friend-Dave-set-up-his-booth hat. Dave remunerated my efforts with a killer lunch at Hoppe's Bistro & Wine Bar in downtown Cayucos wherein I ate my first quail. Below are some images I captured over the course of the day.

The show set-up process
The dolphin sculpture outside our door
The the show venue - Cuyucos Vet's Hall
View from the base of the pier looking up Cuyucos Drive
Estero Bay was gorgeous today and the beach at Cuyucos empty
Cayucos Pier
Kirk Brock and Mike Lyons chatting at Mike's booth
Janice Robertson and Scary Gary From Tulare
Druzy quartz pockets in a recently-found large piece of local petrified whale bone
The show taking shape
Sunset at Cayucos earlier this evening
Cayucos Pier at sunset this evening

All photos by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved)

Catch the Day Two Action.

Catch the Day Three Action.

No comments:

Post a Comment