Sunday, June 10, 2012

Wonder's Wake

Today I attended the wake for my friend Steve "Wonder" Shears. It was an honor even being there given how selective Steve was in regards to whom he allowed inside his inner circle and for the most part only those Steve "let in" were invited to this gathering. It was yet an additional honor that I was asked to kick off the official gathering with my own extemporaneous comments regarding Steve. I did my job and the family seemed delighted with what came out of my mouth and by what they felt it engendered, to wit, the opening up by others whom followed me of what was in their hearts not to mention were some wonderful Wonder stories. Pictured above are Steve's two brothers Brett and Brice as well as Steve's daughter Evangeline each of whom gave poignant testimony of Steve's life. Also note that all members of this assembly wore yellow in honor and tribute to Steve to whom this color came to symbolize. Photo by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment