Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Santa Lucia Rockhounds' July 2014 Meeting

This month's meeting of the Santa Lucia Rockhounds earlier tonight marked the 23rd anniversary of the club's founding.
Tonight's meeting featured a program by esteemed club member Aaron Miller sharing with us his passion for trilobites which is part of the reason I am doing programs the way I am: getting to know our club member's interests because we don't always know them as well as we think or perhaps we even know we don't know them. Before tonight I thought Aaron's passion was fossils in general so I was surprised to find out he was so into trilobites.
Alas, I forgot to photograph Aaron's trilobites afterwards, but I was distracted thinking about that birthday cake!
Attendance was strong with some visitors. All photographs by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment