Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Super Moon Over Central Coast Wine Classic

A couple of weekends ago I did two consecutive overnight 12-hour security shifts for the 30th Annual Central Coast Wine Classic at Avila Beach Golf Resort in Avila Beach, CA. I had a lot of time on my hands as you might imagine and so I played with my new camera in an attempt to get more comfortable and familiar with its nocturnal operation. What follows is a photographic experiment for me from which I selected the best images to share here. As you may or may not recall that weekend saw a "supermoon" over our fair land and that is what you see in some of these images. To see my photographs of some of what was for auction at this charity fundraiser check HERE.

Note: I obtained official permission to post these images.

Supermoon over Avila Beach, CA.
These rooms were air conditioned to 64° F officially but usually were below 60° F per the thermometer I monitored.
The amount of value in this room was most impressive.
View from the adjacent nearly-completed building pictured further down this page.










Interior of the Big Tent.


Second floor of the nearly-completed new building adjacent to the Big Tent from whence I took most of the Big Tent images.
I love this building, particularly its windows.




This is the start of the second night's images which are not nearly as plentiful due to my feeling under the weather. Note the supermoon rising over Avila Beach, CA with the astronomical high tide-filled lagoon in the foreground.
The sides of the Big Tent were removed late on Day One to make ready for the big wine tasting event on Day Two.
All photos by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment