Monday, April 25, 2016

Picture of the Day - My Chelyabinsk

J. Michael Santos is back! The last time I saw him in the Santa Lucia Rockhounds' Rockhound Roundup Gem, Mineral, & Jewelry Show was back in the early 2000's when it was still in the park and in one of the first years I attended the show as a member of the public uninvolved with the host club and its show. At that time he was operating as Eccentric Endeavors. He was back in the show this past weekend which is now held in the Paso Robles Event Center. Now Michael is focusing in on the meteorite business and calling it StarStruck Meteorites. His booth was my favorite in the show this year and I look forward to seeing him in the June Cayucos Rock Show. Although I am a starving student I did manage to eke out purchasing a Chelyabinsk meteorite which I never thought I'd be able to own. Also, I was able to pick up a commemorative picture postcard booklet from Russia about that 2013 fireball and meteorite fall. Additionally, I managed to get myself my first fulgurite from Death Valley which is a welcome addition to my fulgurite collection.
Be sure to check out Day One and Day Two of this show. Photo by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment