Friday, June 27, 2014

Picture of the Day - Hung Jory

This past morning my friend Jory from my 17th Street Gang bible study helped me cut down this long, sinewy digger pine (a.k.a. "grey pine") which was dangling ominously over a driveway in South Atascadero. I had requested prayers for work-site safety from said bible study last night as I had not heretofore felled this large a tree on my own. Jory used to do this for a living and being the no-nonsense retired U.S. Marine he is he insisted on helping me out. As it turned out it was more like I helped him cut it down as he did the cutting and I did the spotting and hauling. Above is him tied to the top of the tree before he started working his way back down cutting as he descended after removing branches on his ascent. Photo by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment