Sunday, June 15, 2014

54th Annual Cayucos Gem & Mineral Show Main Event

Despite housesitting for a friend over the weekend and doing security at the Cal Poly graduation ceremonies both days of the show I still managed to get there on Sunday (too tired to drive over on Saturday).Below are some images I captured of the event.

*Note: Be sure to check out Set-Up Day and Rock Photography Set XIV and the latest creations from Diana March.

Cayucos Vets Hall today when I arrived in the early afternoon.

Our greeters Dianna Deem and Mike Shipsey.
There was a good turn-out despite it being Sunday and not sunny.


Show chairman and vendor Mike Lyons at right.
Mike's latest Jade discovery on the Big Sur Coast... a blue-green beauty.
Big Sur Jade Festival chairman Kirk Brock in his booth at our show.
I'm coveting one of his Jade and gold rings but fit my be a problem.
Esteemed member and vendor Leslie Nelson.
Diana March shopping for stones to honor from Keith Olivas' inventory... she gets her stuff from the best sources!
It was a pleasure to finally get Abalone King in our show.
Having a show next to the beach requires at least one dealer selling shells it seems to me.
Unfortunately, my picture of the Hernandez family did not turn out to my satisfaction.
Yes, YOU, Cameron!
Cameron + gal pal encore image.
The Robertson Ladies
I SOOO wanted to purchase this as a tribute to Daenerys.
Bumblebee Jasper which is really more of a Jasper-Agate or even just Agate. Pendents by Bev Brown.
Rhodochrosite pendent by Bev Brown.
Tiger Eye pendent by Bev Brown.
Petrified dinosaur bone from Utah pendent by Bev Brown.
All photos by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment