Sunday, June 29, 2014

Wasted

As I stated in my June 10th posting here I have encountered a number of new song crushes of late. I have found them while listing to progressive trance and progressive house compilations on Youtube. These offer great samplers for new music (new to me anyway). Below is one of my latest obsessions and comes to us from an artist (Andy Duguid) making his second visit on this blog this month. The vocalist is new to me and goes by "Leah" but her real name is Gita Bakradze. I have located the lyrics below the music player for your edification.

For some reason(s) I don't fully grasp at present this song is really resonating with me, perhaps my past melancholy over the rubble of my life and all the apparent waste which was really not waste when my eyes were finally opened. I know so many other people around me who also feel angst at the waste they see in their lives, especially when they look backwards which can be a bad thing if not done with wisdom and understanding. That being said, this song is about a lot more than waste which is perhaps the part(s) which are resonating with me now.

Note: the locations shown in the accompanying music video appear to all be from interior Southern and Central California from Joshua Tree National Park to the Alabama Hills and Mount Whitney near Lone Pine, CA. 



Wasted

Wasted all this time searching
Brought me to my knees
Tell me this is real
Are you what I really see? 

Wasted all this time searching
Brought me to my knees
Tell me this is real
Are you what I really see? 

Wasted all night
Dreams no one could share. 

Wasted 

Wasted 

Wasted


Lyrics courtesy of my listening skills as the online sources sucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment