Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Skin & Bones

After a long spell of not finding any new songs that gave me goosebumps and with which I became obsessed I have made a major breakthrough with three or four and here is the biggest one. "Skin & Bones" is a grieving/goodbye track by Andy Duguid as sung by the incomparable trance chanteuse Julie Thompson whose voice is to be found elsewhere on this blog. This is a recent release having come out just last year which gives me a modicum of hope for the continued artistic life of trance given how over-commercialized and un-underground it has become. I have included the haunting and melancholy lyrics below the player and for a more cluby extended version click HERE



All I wanted, all that I am
I gave to you till you, owned everything
You left me breathless
When you took it all away
And made a hole in my heart
I’m just skin and bones
Just another ghost you left without a soul
I’m just skin and bones
A shadow of someone I’m sure I used to know
I’m fighting my feelings while living without you
Trying to find meaning to living without you
But I’m barely breathing now I’m without you
Without you, without you, without you
But I’m barely breathing now I’m without you
Without you
Without you, without you, without you…

Lyrics courtesy of Trancehub.com

No comments:

Post a Comment