Tuesday, September 30, 2014

El Cap/Half Dome View Of Meadow Fire

This being the end of September 2014 and the Northern California Summer Fire Siege of this month also being pretty much wound down I am continuing to clean house in my computer. I am posting images I have been putting off sharing here due to other concerns distracting me such as that pesky old Cal Poly class workload. Anywho, here is the first in a trio of Yosemite National Park webcam photo sequences of the recent Meadow Fire blow-up on September 7th. Given that Yosemite IS Yosemite, just about anything there seems or is more beautiful and/or dramatic-looking than it might otherwise appear to be most other places... wildfire being no exception. Below is a series of images from the Turtleback webcam in Yosemite Valley showing the big blow-up of the Meadow Fire on the day of the aforementioned big wind event. Big thanks goes to my sister by another mother, Lin Kerns, who compiled this sequence for me to share here.

2:13 p.m.

3:33 p.m.

3:39 p.m.

3:43 p.m.

3:49 p.m.

4:03 p.m.

4:15 p.m.
Images courtesy of Yosemite Conservancy via Turtleback webcam (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment