Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Panhandling In Texas

Today, Day Three of my journey to Tulsa, Oklahoma, to help my friend Dave do a Gem Faire event we traveled from Grants, New Mexico, to Tulsa, OK, traversing the entire East-West width of the Texas Panhandle. Below are some of the things I saw.
Monumental cross near Groom, TX, adjacent to I-40.
Downtown Shamrock, TX, on the US Route 83 drag of town.
Eastward view of I-40 from the US Route 83 overpass in Shamrock, TX, showing clouds that shortly thereafter formed into severe thunderstorms, some of which became tornado-warned. A short before we were here some tornado chasers were in town.
Large calcite boulder weathering alongside US Route 83 in Shamrock, TX.
Windmills in Western Oklahoma just over the state line from Texas.
All photos by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment