Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Scooby Mows A Field

Today I worked at a my friend Marybeth's farm helping her with fire mitigation efforts in the form of weedwacking and assisting a friend of her's named Scooby (who I found out is a jade hunter and thus we are now friends for life) safely mow a field adjacent to and usually upwind of her home. My job in the mowing operation was to drive a Kawasaki Mule behind the Kubota tractor with mower attachment and watch for any fires that might accidentally start from a mower blade striking a rock. The Mule carried a large water jug plus my McLeod tool. Fortunately, no fires ensued and the mowing job went smoothly and quickly. Below shown in order they were taken are images I captured of the mowing endeavor.


All photos by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment