Sunday, May 20, 2012

Picture of the Day - Solar Eclipse

Today's solar eclipse captured not the way I intended. I could not get my little pocket-sized amateur photographer's camera to not cause each image of the eclipse to be washed out with the Sun's glare no matter what I did to play around with the settings. Rather serendipitously I captured colorful double-images of the eclipse by way of two optical artifacts of the camera itself.  Both are located below and just to the right of the halo of the Sun. One artifact is blue-green and one is blue and both are probably identical images apart from their color and intensity difference. Photo by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

3 comments:

  1. As good or better than mine Kim :o(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you did not have better success... then again, I regret not having better success myself. Some folks got more creative and used welding glass as a filter for their photos. >8-O

      Delete
  2. I was deeply moved!
    In Japan we could look that but I missed it inadvertently.
    Now I can see satisfactory one on your photo.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete