Sunday, May 6, 2012

Scripture of the Day - Peter (IPet.2:19-21)

I had an incident today in which my boss mishandled a situation very poorly with me. I refused to get drawn into the drama and elected to turn the other cheek. Unbeknownst to me a member of the local gem and mineral club observed the entire incident from outside the booth and after my boss left to go to the bathroom commended me for how I composed myself and responded to the dust-up (and how I didn't respond but could have). By the end of the day all was well and I felt I had grown inside as a man and in my relationship with God.
"For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully. For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God. For to this end were you called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps..." ~ 1st Peter 2:19-21

2 comments:

  1. Many people would term that passive behavior, but they wouldn't know God if He smacked them up aside their heads with a 3 day dead catfish.You did well... and with trust, comes even more responsibility. Wait on God. He's pushing you ever so gently forward towards His plan for you. Wait. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lin! I'm hanging in there... I do feel like I'm transforming into something right now but what that is I don't know... hopefully a Hybrid (Underworld type, not Cylon type)! ;-p

      Delete