Tuesday, April 16, 2013

2013 Wildflowers of Adelaida

Today I drove out to my friend Marybeth's property in the Adelaida, CA, area to work but we ended up just hanging out and getting some easier and pleasant intangibles accomplished like business strategizing, surveying parts of her property, retrieving some lost images of her late husband from my own Gmail account that were stored in a copy of a message I sent her over a year ago. This visit culminated in her taking me out for a birthday dinner at F. McLintock's Bar & Grill in downtown Paso Robles, CA. More on that latter part in my next post but here I share with you some images I captured today of wildflowers I encountered out on the ranch. As it relates to the severe ongoing drought, the lupines on this property are actually doing better than normal as a result of the suppressed growth of the grasses which normally are much taller and thicker by this point in the year.
Purple Lupine
Crimson Pitcher Sage
Coast Indian Paintbrush
California Poppy
Purple Lupine patch in Shear's Vale. All images by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment