Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Picture of the Day - Cal Poly Seismo-Vino

This morning upon first arriving at Cal Poly I walked through the big G-1 parking lot from my carpool car into campus. There, I was quasi-startled to notice an empty wine bottle. It was standing on the pavement next to a couple of unrelated cars on this a "dry campus"... as if they meant it is actually a dry campus. Anywho, this had been a bottle of Petite Syrah with the "Earthquake" label of Michael David Winery. As you may recall from "My 'Earthquake' Wine" post last year I have a bottle of that wine in my meager collection. As if that wasn't slightly odd enough later in the day my Spanish professor brought up the subject of earthquakes and seaquakes as labeled in Spanish. He then segued into a brief mention of tomorrow being the Great California ShakeOut. What are the odds of all of this happening on the same day at Cal Poly within my range of perception? I'm almost tempted to wonder if this means something.
Photo by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment