Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Same View, Different Season & Disaster

It struck me while compiling the previous two posts here that I had seen an avalanche on a webcam in Yosemite National Park this past spring. I figured it might be cool to juxtapose an image of that with an image from the previous post here showing last month's Meadow Fire blow-up. I looked in my random graphics folder and low and behold I had saved a couple of images of that avalanche as captured on the Sentinel Dome webcam... the same webcam which captured the images featured on the previous blog post here. How cool.... that could make an even cooler juxtaposition that I originally conceived, I thought to myself. Now that I have viewed the finished product I can confirm that is quite true. Talk about a Tale of Two Seasons! Note: nobody was harmed in either the avalanche or the wildfire blow-up.
Large avalanche on Wednesday, April 30, 2014, 4:53 p.m.
Large wildfire on Sunday, September 7, 2014, 3:49 p.m.
Both images courtesy of Yosemite Conservancy (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment