Thursday, January 1, 2015

Picture of the Day - 2015 Dawning

After working a New Year's Eve Party at Robert Hall this morning until 1:30 a.m. I got home very late. However, home right now is somebody else's house as I am house-sitting for a friend. For this reason I tried to sleep in an unfamiliar bed starting around 2:30 a.m. This was combined with thoughts of my impending 6:30 a.m.invitation to meet with the Band of Brothers Christian men's unity fellowship group's annual New Year Day morning pre-dawn mountaintop re-dedication to God of themselves in the New Year. I also realized that the Rose Parade started at 8 a.m. which some years I watch live on television with my mother. With almost an hour and a half in bed not sleeping I gave up and decided to not try to sleep in this morning as I did a year ago with the same basic schedule and instead indulge in both of these New Year's Day morning activities. The image above I shot from the top of the mountain overlooking Paso Robles with a view towards the east. Black Mountain is at right and the steam rising at center in the middle distance is from the natural hot springs at Franklin Pond.
Photo by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment