Wednesday, April 12, 2017

R.I.P. CHARLIE MURPHY!


Today it was announced that Eddie Murphy's older brother Charlie Murphy has died. I was utterly unaware of him until he appeared on the Dave Chappelle Show skits "Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Stories." Until today, I thought the stories were made up for the show to satirize all the Hollywood insider gossip "documentaries" or "exclusive" interview shows. As it turns out, although the sketches are somewhat satirical of the genre, Charlie Murphy is somewhat of a legendary raconteur and these are real stories he experienced that are being reenacted humorously in sketch comedy shorts. Otherwise, these stories are factually correct which makes them all the funnier to me now. R.I.P. CHARLIE MURPHY! Just imagine that being said by Dave Chappelle playing Rick James.


Charlie Murphy - Prince
from Neo Suki on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment