Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Picture of the Day - My Bumblebee Jasper

In my previous POST I stated that in my next post I'd show what Diana March original wire-wrap necklace pendant I acquired last weekend at the 2nd Annual Spring Cambria Gem, Mineral, & Jewelry Show and here it is. This is not the best image I can take but I got a wild hair to take this as the sun was setting using the sunlight of that time of day. In fact, this was the last sunlight of Spring 2017 as Summer Solstice 2017 arrived at 9:24 p.m. PDT tonight. This is a gorgeous pendant made of Indonesian bumblebee jasper (which features arsenic-bearing orpiment or realgar depending upon if yellow or red-orange), my very first piece of this material to own and it is not a mineral specimen but rather in a piece of jewelry. This signifies the change in my character and tastes from purely collector of specimens to more and more a wearer of stone jewelry. Diana created this piece to sell at this show and it was the first thing in her booth that jumped out at me and it made the strongest impression of anything she brought and she brought many amazing things. What's next on my list of things I saw in her booth I'd like to later add to my nascent collection of wearable stone can be seen HERE. Photo by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

1 comment: