Monday, January 30, 2017

R.I.P Winter 2016/2017

Today, when I left Atascadero High School after classes ended for the day, I walked across campus to my car. During that walk I experienced an epiphany. I realized that deep winter is done here and we have transitioned to late winter/early spring from a local climatological standpoint. I can't well-explain the feeling and ideation occurring at that time, but it was very instinctual. The shortest days and longest nights and lowest average seasonal temperatures are now past although there will be more cold nights and stormy weather to come in the next two months or so. Already in recent days and weeks I have observed the ever-lengthening days and shortening nights and higher-angle sunlight. As you might have guessed by now, I'm rather quite light sensitive. So, today when I realized this thing, I felt incredibly happy and a sense of relief swept over me in light of the fact I do suffer annually from mild S.A.D. I so look forward to the first warm day and the blossoms that will soon bud as they do every February here.

No comments:

Post a Comment