Sunday, January 1, 2017

Westworld Painted Black

Entering the new year I am absolutely haunted by HBO's new series Westworld whose first season I finished watching last Thursday night and which I have already blogged about since HERE. Many years ago I watched the Michael Crichton-written/directed movie Westworld and loved it, particularly memorable about the movie being actor Yul Brynner's performance as the relentless, rogue, murderous android referred to as "Gunslinger." HBO's version has more time to develop the story and characters and does so to an admirable degree. Anthony Hopkins' Robert Ford steals the season but shares that designation with Evan Rachel Wood's Dolores Abernathy, my newest crush. The song accompanying this fanboy tribute is The Rolling Stones' "Paint it Black" as performed praiseworthily by Ciara, an artist to whom I was previously unaware.

No comments:

Post a Comment